Software Engineer - Backend
Berlin, Berlin, GermanyIT Management
With Kittl we envision a global community where members inspire each other and let their creativity run free. Creating beautiful designs can be a long and sometimes even painful process. We decided to tackle this problem head-on and have built Kittl.com as the most intuitive and easy-to-use design platform on the web. With offices in Berlin and Dusseldorf, we are a diverse team of 25 creators - hailing from 10+ nationalities - and benefit from the strong support of our A-level seed investors.
About the Role
As a part of a cross-functional team including other developers, designers and a founding team, you will create and develop an amazing product that you will be proud of. Hereby your main responsibilities include building features, designing and implementing API methods and improving the performance and reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale our product and organization.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- You'll brainstorm with Product Managers, Designers and Frontend Engineers to conceptualize and build new features for our large (and growing!) user base.
- You'll produce high-quality results by leading or contributing heavily to large cross-functional projects that have a significant impact on the business.
- You'll actively own features or systems and define their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems.
- You'll assist our skilled support team and operations team in triaging and resolving production issues.
- You'll mentor other engineers and deeply review code.
- You'll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
What you NEED to know:
- HTML/CSS basics
- SQL and relational databases
What's GREAT to know:
- k8s, nomad, mesos or similar
- Swagger or similar
- Express or similar
- MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Jest / AVA or other testing library
- Prisma or other ORM
Benefits & why you should join us:
Join one of the hottest start-ups in graphic design to shape the future of graphic creation and enjoy a very open, transparent and performance-driven company culture with a fast and agile development cycle.
- You'll be working with a truly product-led company with PM's, engineers and designers at the heart of the company
- You'll be working at a well equipped start-up which recently has raised its Series A investment
- You'll work on an exciting new product
Also we have snacks, coffee, regular team dinners and team off-sites.