Senior Machine Learning / AI Engineer
Berlin, GermanySoftware Engineering
Permanent role, full-time | Berlin | Hybrid https://www.kittl.com/career
Who are we?
Kittl isn't just another design platform; we're here to transform the way creators work. Since day one, our mission has been clear: make designing easy and intuitive and present a real competitor to cumbersome professional-grade tools. Kittl has already attracted over 1 million users and facilitated the creation of more than 10 million designs.
Our growth relies on two things: our talented team and our relentless focus on execution. Our diverse crew of 30+ from 12+ countries drives our global impact. As we expand, we're searching for smart minds who love crafting great products, rethinking norms, and simplifying complexity. Join one of the hottest start-ups in graphic design and enjoy a very open, transparent, and performance-driven company culture with a fast and agile development cycle.
Your role at Kittl
As our Senior ML Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing generative AI solutions that solve complex problems and drive innovation. You will be part of a rapidly growing AI team, working on state of the art AI models.
What you'll do
Develop and implement AI models and algorithms to solve complex problems in natural language processing (NLP) and natural language understanding (NLU) as well as in image processing, generation, and upscaling
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify business needs and develop AI solutions that meet those needs
Optimize AI models and infrastructure for performance, scalability, and accuracy
Participate in code reviews, testing, and debugging activities to ensure the quality of AI Solutions
Research and stay up to date with the latest developments in AI technologies and techniques
What you'll need
Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, or related field
3+ years of experience working with Deep Learning
Proficiency in programming in Python, software design, and code reviews
Hands-on experience with frameworks and libraries such as PyTorch and Hugging Face
Cloud experience (AWS or Azure)
Practical experience training and deploying Machine Learning (ML) solutions to production on either AWS SageMaker or Azure ML Studio
Experience with training, fine-tuning, and deploying generative AI models (large language models [LLMs], text-to-image models)
Experience in software engineering and machine learning best practices, writing clean, maintainable code (testing, documentation, GitHub workflow)
Good communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment
What's great to know
Experience with Infrastructure as code [IaC] (Pulumi, Terraform, or Cloudformation)
Experience with Docker and Machine Learning Operations (MLOps)
Implementing research papers
- Urban Sports Club membership discount
- Mobility benefit: monthly public transport (BVG) ticket fully covered by the company
- 30 vacation days per year for all employees
- An allowance of 10 weeks per year of fully remote work from anywhere in the world, as long as you maintain core working hours (12 pm to 5 pm CET)
- You'll be working with a truly product-led company with PM's, engineers and designers at the heart of the company
- We’re a well-equipped start-up that recently raised its Series A round, you can get all the tech equipment you need!
- We have a hybrid setup with office and work-from-home days so that we can foster a nice culture and in-person collaboration when needed
- Core working hours are 12 pm to 5pm, with the rest of your working time being flexible so you can work in a style that suits you best (early riser or a night owl)
- Regular team events and offsite
🌈 At Kittl, we embrace diversity and value every team member's unique background, identity, and experience. We're all about respect, honesty, and inclusivity. Together, we create a safe and supportive work environment where everyone thrives. Join us on this exciting journey of making our company and product even better!