Principal Engineer, Frontend
Berlin, GermanySoftware Engineering
Permanent role, full-time | Berlin | Hybrid https://www.kittl.com/career
Who are we?
Kittl isn't just another design platform; we're here to transform the way creators work. Since day one, our mission has been clear: make designing easy and intuitive and present a real competitor to cumbersome professional-grade tools. Kittl has already attracted over 1 million users and facilitated the creation of more than 10 million designs.
Our growth relies on two things: our talented team and our relentless focus on execution. Our diverse crew of 30+ from 12+ countries drives our global impact. As we expand, we're searching for smart minds who love crafting great products, rethinking norms, and simplifying complexity. Join one of the hottest start-ups in graphic design and enjoy a very open, transparent, and performance-driven company culture with a fast and agile development cycle.
Your role at Kittl
You’ll join a very flat engineering team of 13, currently split up into cross-functional squads. Out of those 13, more than half are frontend engineers – Kittl is a very frontend-heavy product. We’re looking for Principal Engineers who can act as very senior individual contributors and as the technical experts who provide architectural guidance for engineering projects.
You’ll be handling the design and implementation of new high-impact product features, as well as helping the engineering team solve problems and overcome challenges. You'll also be actively involved in establishing and spreading good engineering practices, driving technological excellence and shaping the technical vision across the whole company. You’ll also be partnering closely with our Talent Acquisition team to hire great engineering talent that matches our culture, and our People team to ensure we’re building a positive and inclusive working environment for everyone.
What you'll do
You'll produce high-quality results by leading and contributing heavily to large cross-functional projects that have a significant impact on the business
Write high-quality and maintainable code. Test, review, and ship it
Identify and proactively address frontend challenges, driving technical decisions within the company
You'll actively own features or systems and define their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems
You'll assist our skilled support team and operations team in triaging and resolving production issues
Help the product team to better understand engineering challenges and break down complex projects into manageable and easy-to-grasp tasks
You'll mentor and provide guidance for other engineers
You'll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
What you'll need
- You have 5+ years of experience working in software engineering, proficiency in React, TypeScript, and modern frontend stack
- Backend experience on node.js is highly welcome (but not needed)
- Experience with any of the mainstream cloud stacks (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with structured hiring e.g. in a scaleup or big tech and assessing specific tech competencies and working with recruiters would be a huge plus
- You have solid communication skills and have experience collaborating closely with teams of different disciplines across Product & Engineering
- Urban Sports Club membership discount
- Mobility benefit: monthly public transport (BVG) ticket fully covered by the company
- 30 vacation days per year for all employees
- An allowance of 10 weeks per year of fully remote work from anywhere in the world, as long as you maintain core working hours (12 pm to 5 pm CET)
- You'll be working with a truly product-led company with PM's, engineers and designers at the heart of the company
- We’re a well-equipped start-up that recently raised its Series A round, can get all the tech equipment you need!
- We have a hybrid setup with office and work-from-home days so that we can foster a nice culture and in-person collaboration when needed
- Core working hours are 12 pm to 5pm, with the rest of your working time being flexible so you can work in a style that suits you best (early riser or a night owl)
- Regular team events and offsite
🌈 At Kittl, we embrace diversity and value every team member's unique background, identity, and experience. We're all about respect, honesty, and inclusivity. Together, we create a safe and supportive work environment where everyone thrives. Join us on this exciting journey of making our company and product even better!